Incumbent works in the Department of Child Services Information Technology (DCS IT) as an experienced training resource and LMS Admin for I-KIDS (Indiana Kids Information Data System).
Trainer responsible for: developing, executing, and delivering training for the I-KIDS Project, a large-scale technology system implementation within Indiana’s Child Welfare Program. Incumbent will assist DCS IT and related vendors in the creation and production of high-quality training materials, curricula and delivery. Incumbent will maintain training deliverables in various training environments. Incumbent will lead the development and support of a DCS IT LMS (learning management system)
Under I-KIDS project leadership, serve as a trainer and curriculum writer on a specific systems development project team, responsible for the collaborative development and execution of the training plans for a large-scale technology system implementation.
Develop, maintain and transition a LMS relative to DCS IT for both implementation of the I-KIDS system and ongoing training opportunities related to ongoing and emerging training content.
Write, edit, and disseminate communications and training material to end users and project stakeholders at appropriate times over the life cycle of the systems development project.
Design and provide high quality training to end users on new computer systems and tools, including the development of training materials.
Take instruction and directives from I-KIDS project leadership and a training development team consisting of subject matter experts in the development of curricula and training materials for a large-scale technology system implementation in DCS related topics.
Develop, write, modify, and perform training curricula and materials in response to identified training needs.
Design, revise, and edit training guides from content provided by subject matter experts and the project vendor.
Design and produce illustrations, charts, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, exercises, roleplays, scripts, models, videos, and other training aids for use in curricula, as needed.
Create and produce e-learning courses and other video-assisted training materials using Camtasia products.
Develop curricula that is appropriate for the intended audience in scope, content, format, tone, and delivery method.
Work with subject matter experts and engage in independent research and learning to develop a substantial body of subject matter knowledge relevant to assigned projects and curricula.
Keep current on changes in the fields of project management, instructional design and development, and training methodology, with an emphasis on agile methodologies in content development. Assist I-KIDS project leadership in assessing training needs and developing training plans for DCS IT and external partners, as requested.
Performs related duties as assigned
- Experience and skill in instructional design and development and related training methodologies
- Experience in teaching, training, or public speaking
- Experience in training Salesforce-based platforms
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey written information in a clear, concise manner
- Strict attention to detail
- Experience with promotion and implementation of organizational change strategies to align with and supplement training content and delivery
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with systems development lifecycles (SDLC)
- College degree with experience in education, writing, communication, journalism, public administration, sociology, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum
- Administrative experience with learning management systems (LMS), preferably Peoplesoft
- Prefer to have knowledge of Title IV-E child welfare programs
- Prefer to have project management experience