LPN, Evansville, Nights (7000)
The LPN will also direct and coordinate patient care and clinical supervision of support staff. The LPN will
assess patient health problems and needs, develop, and implement nursing care plans, and maintain
- Prioritizes and organizes the daily care of patients.
- Makes patient care assignments and assist in creating treatment plans in collaboration with other clinical staff.
- Provides ongoing assessment and documentation of the patients’ physical and psychosocial status from admission to discharge.
- Direct support staff to coordinate the workflow on the unit and communicate problems to unit supervisors.
- Administer medications and treatments according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements nursing care pians for acute medical problems.
- Complete medication administration supervision monitors and clinical observation notes for support staff.
- Completes required documentation of nursing notes, transfer forms, and other records
- Educate patients and family members regarding medication, procedures, and treatment goals and objectives.
- Respond and intervene in emergency situations and agitated patients.
- Provide orientation and support to staff to the unit.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper safety and infection control standards are met for the unit
- Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
- License to practice nursing in the State of Indiana as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must hold and maintain a CPR certification.
- Must stay current with behavioral intervention training.
- Proficiency in computer skills and ability to learn other programs used in maintaining electronic medical records.
- Good interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills.
Job Category: Nursing
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Evansville
Job ID: 7000
Job Start Date: 11/28/2022