Nurse 4, Evansville; Days (7004)
- Prioritize and organize the daily care of patients.
- Make patient care assignments and assist in developing treatment plans in collaboration with other clinical staff.
- Provide ongoing assessment and documentation of the patients’ physical and psychosocial status from admission to discharge.
- Direct support staff to coordinate the workflow on the unit and communicate problems to unit supervisors.
- Administer medications and treatments according to facility’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans for nursing diagnosis or treatment plan changes.
- Complete medication administration supervision monitors and clinical observation notes for support staff.
- Completes required documentation of nursing notes, transfer forms and other records.
- Educate patients and family members regarding medication, procedures, and treatment goals and
- Respond and intervene to emergency situations and agitated patients.
- Provide orientation and support to staff to the unit.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper safety and infection control standards are met for the unit.
- This person must have the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
- License to practice nursing in the State of Indiana as a Registered Nurse.
- Must hold and maintain a CPR certification.
- Must stay current with behavioral intervention training.
- Proficiency in computer skills and ability to learn other programs used in maintaining electronic medical records.
- Good interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply medical and facility terminology.
- Ability to use MS Office applications and electronic patient records.
- Ability to serve as a patient advocate.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret nursing and facility policies and procedures.
- Additional knowledge and/or ability may be required based on the population the facility serves such as: children, adolescents, geriatrics, etc.
- Indiana Professional License or License from an NLC participating state required at time of submission
Job Category: Nursing
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Evansville
Job ID: 7004
Job Start Date: 11/28/2022