Public Health Preparedness Field Coordinator (1271)
The Public Health Preparedness Field Coordinator serves as primary point of contact for LHD(s) within their assigned District for issues relating to IDOH-Division of Emergency Preparedness, goals and objectives. The Public Health Field Coordinator serves at the direction of the Director of District and Local Readiness and respective IDOH DEP Regional Supervisor to their area.
The overarching responsibility of the Public Health Preparedness Field Coordinator is to identify overall preparedness gaps and needs of local health departments within their District, communicate them to their respective Regional Supervisor and assist in directing the locals to information and other resources appropriate to address their needs. It is also the responsibility of the Public Health Preparedness Field Coordinator to work closely with the Healthcare Coalition District (HCC) Coordinator to help facilitate coordination between local public health and healthcare partners on preparedness efforts that would require or benefit from collaboration between the two programs entities.
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Supervisor to share the needs, challenges and accomplishments of the health departments within the assigned District and to receive instructions and guidance.
- Participate in IDOH-Division of Emergency Preparedness conference calls and staff meetings as scheduled by the respective program Director and Regional Supervisors.
- Attend scheduled District Coalition meetings along with the HCC Coordinator assigned to the District as well as any additional health department related meetings or events as assigned by Regional Supervisor.
- Identify and communicate any planning, training, and exercise support needs or activities to Regional Supervisor.
- Provide guidance and answer questions to IDOH preparedness efforts or direct them to where they may obtain the requested guidance when necessary.
- Assist in tracking grant deliverable progress and completion during preparedness activities, data collection efforts, and inventory tracking as directed.
- Complete any reporting and/or tracking forms and documents as identified and requested by Regional Supervisor and/or Director.
- Assist in coordinating Medical Countermeasure (MCM) Operational Readiness Review(s) (ORR) in CRI jurisdictions as needed.
- Maintain current database of the ASPR HPP Additional Coalition Members for each local jurisdiction as provided.
- Submit summary reports of coalition or district meeting, individual meetings summarized on the bi-weekly (unless specified otherwise) reporting template.
- Strong communication skills
- Tracking and reporting experience
- Must possess working knowledge of and practical skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, will accept Public Health Experience as a substitute
- Planning, training, and exercise, development
- Emergency Preparedness experience