Lead Install Tech (0569)
This position is required for assisting the Project Managers and Deployment Leads in implementation of statewide PC Refresh Projects on a 4 year rotating schedule to replace all state-issued PC computers allowing the Indiana Office of Technology to efficiently support IT resources across the state.
The duties of this position are to support the PC Refresh Project Managers and Deployment Leads by installing new PCs for Agencies’ PC Refresh Projects. Following the established processes and checklists to ensure the end user has all the necessary software and settings on the new PC. Backing up, protecting, and restoring data will be an essential task for this position. Updating documentation and completing e-install forms required. Will be the lead tech and point of contact onsite for large deployments. Customer service is also a crucial element for this position. This position will perform other duties as assigned. Travel throughout the State of Indiana is a requirement.
- PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- PC Refresh Projects – backing up and restoring data / setup and configuration of new PCs
- A+ Certification
- Customer service skills – good soft skills when dealing with customers in person
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Associate Degree